Hampshire County Virginia Grant Abstracts
- Grant Book K, Page 276 - Garret Vanmeter of Hampshire Co. 200 acres on
Flagg Meadow Run of South Branch in said Co. Surveyed by John Moffitt.
Adjacent to Col. Henry Vanmeter. 20 Apr 1761 1.
- Grant Book K, Page 368 - Garret Vanmeter of Hampshire Co. 89 acres on Pattersons
Creek in said Co., Surveyed John Moffitt. Adjacent to Benjamin Jones.
19 March 1762. 1.
- Grant Book M, Page 414 - Col. Henry Vanmeter of Hampshire Co.
360 acres Adjacent to John Ryan on Patterson’s Creek in said Co. Surveyed
by Mr. David Vance. 8 July 1765 1.
- Grant Book S, Page 114 - Col. Henry Vanmeter of Hampshire Co. assignee of
Mr. Alexander White executer of John Greenfield, deceased of John Varbel,
260 acres on Patterson's Creek Mt. in said Co., Surveyed April 17, 1753 for
Varbel by David Vance, forfeited (See Bk. N). 30 September 1780 1.
- Grant Book S, Page 323 - Garret Van Meter, 237 acres, surveyed 2 December
1781, in Hampshire Co. adjacent to his lands on Pattersons Creek Mt. called
McDades Place, near Blackburn, Timmons path to Waltons by the Sugar Camp
lick. 22 November 1787 1.
- Grant Book T, Page 106 - Abraham Vanmeter assignee of James Ryan, 22
acres, surveyed 11 October 1780 in Hampshire Co. on Vanmeters Mill Run of
Pattersons Creek, adjacent to Vanmeter. 9 December 1788 1.
- Book U, Page 488 - Isaac Vanmeter 190 acres surveyed 26 February 1780 in
Hampshire Co., adjacent to his land, John Huffman, John Decker. 28
November 1789 1.
- Grant Book V, Page 250 - Isaac Vanmeter, 162 acres surveyed 26 May 1790 in
Hampshire Co. on South Branch above island, Huffman, Vanmeters Gap. 12
November 1791 1.
- Grant Book V, Page 271 - Isaac Vanmeter assignee of George Beatty, 200
acres surveyed 1 March 1782 in Hampshire Co. on Saw Mill Run near his
Lordships. 12 November 1791 1.
- Grant Book V, Page 287 - Isaac Vanmeter, 381 acres surveyed 26 April 1785
in Hampshire Co. on South Branch of Potowmack, near High Knob of Branch
Mt. 12 November 1791 1.
- Grant Book V, Page 548 - Isaac Vanmeter, 292 1/2 acres surveyed 17 March
1791 in Hampshire Co. on South Branch below Salt Petre Run, adjacent James
Dobbins. 11 June 1792 1.
- Grant Book C2, Page 337 - Treasury Warrant 7121, 4 September 1821 &
Treasury Warrant 7419, 19 February 1823 - Abraham Vanmeter, 152 1/2 acres
surveyed 21 October 1825 in Hampshire Co., on Stony Run of South Branch of
Potomack adjacent Isaac Kuykendall, Michael Miller, Vanmeter, the Glebe
formerly John Dicker, Aaron Huffman. 1 September 1826 1.
- Grant Book E2, Page 513 - Treasury Warrant 14,717 & 15,270 - David
Vanmeter, 277 acres surveyed 10 December 1844 in Hampshire Co. on Abram's
Creek & Alleghany Mt. adjacent said Vanmeter, McKim, Garrett & Jacob
Vanmeter's Elk Garden tract, Emory's run. 31 July 1845 1.
Neck Virginia Land Grants - Virginia State Library; Richmond, Virginia